Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Some Delish Bison Chili

Yesterday I made a Bison Chili....  It was tasty, lean and very healthy.   Made it in my crock pot.


  • 2 pounds of ground bison-- browned
  • 1 pound of ground beef -- the leaner the better. this was 93% lean 7% fat
  • **** Feel free to use any kind of ground meat****
  • ****I just like the lean bison****
  • 1 med onion chopped 
  • 1 green pepper 
  • 2   14 1/2 can crushed tomatoes..  you can also use a favorite tomato sauce.. my family is not a          big fan of chunks of tomatoes
  • 1 can of corn (optional) 
  • 2 cans of black beans or kidney beans (this is not Paleo so omit if you want)
  • cumin 
  • chili powder
  • salt 
  • pepper 
  • garlic 
I added some ground beef because bison can be light on flavor.  and I did through in a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce and cumin when I was browning the meat.   toss it all in the crock pot and there ya go..   ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment