Wednesday, January 27, 2010

FOOD FOOD FOOD... DIET DIET DIET... what does that mean?

The past couple years my husband and I have been talking about our diet..  knowing that we need to get healthier.  First we tried a meal plan and that was good just very time consuming. We were constantly prepping food.    

Then we found the Zone Diet .   I learned SO much from the fact that veggies and fruit are carbohydrates.  I used to think that there was a few different food groups..  Meat and seafood, veggies and fruit, then the carbs.  The complex (quinoa, brown rice and the like)  and simple carbs( the pastas, white rice ..)  Well guess what. As I understand it ...  Its protein--meat and seafood,  Carbs-- veggie and friut, (good carbs) grains and pastas in both simple or complex,   Fats-- there are good fats like, Avocado, some oils like Olive Oil..  and seeds and most nuts..  I will need to do a post all about the benefits of fats.
so stay tuned for that.  














The Diet that I am TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH is The PALEO DIET

It is simple and it feels great...  I can eat as much as I want and I don't feel deprived of anything.  I have energy all day and far less mood swings.  I also have lots of energy for my workout.    I would love to hear what your doing and how it going for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment