Sunday, March 21, 2010

I have fallen in Love with Cauliflower

thanks to freefoto for image

I used to see cauliflower in my grandma's salads.. and it is a dense and a blah veggie taste..  But it has so much potential..   It has a high potassium content, Potassium is an electrolyte that gives your heart the energy it needs to work.. and that a real good thing!  more nutrition info  So, in a nutshell.. it is good for ya..

This ball of a veggie can be turned into some delicious Faux Mashed Potatoes Super easy to do!
And they are a great creamy texture.

So then when a friend of mine was telling me that she loves to bake Cauliflower in the oven.  I thought
REALLY?!?!   Hmmmm..  lets give this a try..  So I washed a head of cauliflower and cut it up into bits.


I pre-heated the oven to 350 degrees.  I poured some Olive Oil over the cauliflower and sprinkled some garlic salt and what ever herbs that sounds good..  I had a herb blend of, thyme, rosemary, sage and pepper.   and bake in the oven for 20-30 min.   OMG!   YUMMY melt in your mouth! DELISH!

No comments:

Post a Comment