Friday, May 21, 2010

Fast food Vs. Home cooked food

I suppose some people will not like or disagree with that statement..  but hey, you entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine..  I used to think that there is not enough time to cook a good, healthy meal.
or that my kids don't like any veggies.  But I got sick of feeling crappy, fat, like I am on an emotional roller coaster.  and I had to do something about it.   I got sick of that roll in your middle that you can feel when you sit in a chair.  YUCK!   I WAS DONE!  

There are a million ways to "Diet"  and Some work well, Paleo diet...  others work not so well..  


For me it has been an evolution..  started out by trying to eat better.. and by that I mean being conscious but really tried.. but not really very effective.    Next my hubby and I started P90X P90X Extreme Home Fitness Workout Program - 13 DVDs, Nutrition Guide, Exercise Planner
And with that came a food/diet guide and menu.  and I have to say that it was very effective and complete.  The meals in there were delicious.   I still use some of them today.   and they break the 90 days into 3 groups.   First 30 day..  very lean, NO PASTA, BREAD and the like.   the next 30 day introduce some whole grains into your meals..   We never felt hungry, actually we were eating all the time.   For me it was to time consuming, prepping all the ingredients and measuring out the specific portions. My hubby was one portion, I another and the kids a third.



I was getting ready for the weekend and thinking what we have planned and what to eat. and I have to say, I wanted to cook.. I did not was to budget for pizza or going out.  Now don't get me wrong I LOVE to socialize.  And try new places.  but when I think about eating a meal, I want something that is flavorful, has good veggies and lean meat.  What mainstream places offer that?  NONE, that I have found.   I have found that I enjoy prepping veggies and talking to the kids about what veggies I am using..  It feels very good to me to be the one who is preparing the food that my family will be putting into their bodies.   The meals are SO tasty..  they fill you up and keep you full with less cravings.

REALLY..  How do you feel after you eat a burger from a fast food place?  Its greasy, and filled with other chemicals to preserve things.. and your body was not made to ingest that stuff.    So after you eat you feel, blah! and constipated.  and then two hours later your hungry again.    NO THANK YOU!
I AM DONE!   I AM COMMITTED TO EATING AND FEEDING MY FAMILY AND MYSELF THE BEST THAT I CAN.       HOW ABOUT YOU?



No comments:

Post a Comment